Swafford Trolling Motor Repair (One day Service)

Aries 181

I was having severe RFI issue's with my Helix 10 SI bow unit. It was so bad, I couldn't even use SI because of the interference that was coming from my trolling motor. DI was better but still not acceptable. 2D was fine though.

Yesterday, I removed the motor from the mount and made the drive up to Lenoir City to visit Rick Swafford at his shop. I explained what was going on and asked him to go through the motor for me and fix what needed fixing. He called me this morning to say it was ready for pick up..

There was a small amount of water in the housing so he cleaned it up, replaced the brush card w/ brushes, turned down the armature, a new seal kit, cleaned, lubed and adjusted the steering cables, cleaned and lubed the pully's and the foot pedal pivot points. Repaired the internal ground due to corrosion and added another ground to the control box.

The bow unit now works like it is supposed to in all three modes. I highly recommend Rick if you need work done on your MG or MK trolling motors. He also has a number of used units in stock for sale.

Bill

FishingwithRusty

ive been to see Rick a few times now and he's always been quick and reasonable for me. i wont take my trolling motors anywhere else!

Aries 181

Silverfish - 10/5/2018 3:22 PM

thought he was in cleveland, Tn. ?
That is John Swallows who lives in Charleston but is too hard to get a hold of so I will now give all my business to Rick in Lenoir City.

Bill