Grass question

Having fished the Chick a few times now I have a grass question for you regulars. I know what hydrilla is and looks like, but Thursday we found a different kind of grass in the lake and have no idea what it is. The grass looked more like a vine with broader leaves on it toward or on the top. While most of the topped out hydrilla is still bright green, this stuff had leaves that were green and turning red and yellow in some places. Also the vine or stem part looked more yellow than the hydrilla does.
What is this stuff, it kinda looks like what they call cabbage on northern lakes, but it didn't have a bunch of leaves on it, just one or two near the top of the vine.
Thanks guys

porthos33

Yeah sounds like pondweed which is the first pic, the second is coontail which you will find quite a bit, and then the third is milfoil and is not found very much.

Attachments

• american_pondweed_vidx-300x225.jpg
    american_pondweed_vidx-300x225.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 213
  • Coontail.jpg
    Coontail.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 212
  • milfoil.jpg
    milfoil.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 201
porthos33 - 9/22/2018 4:09 AM

Yeah sounds like pondweed which is the first pic, the second is coontail which you will find quite a bit, and then the third is milfoil and is not found very much.

I'm not sure if I could tell the difference between coontail and milfoil but downtown Knoxville is loaded with one or the other