Navionics question

Fshn Cpa

I have an HDS 5 gen 1 and a gen 2 that are linked. Do I just nee one navionics card?

djsmarinelectronics

In order to share mapping you need a Gen2 touch or newer with the latest updates; you will need two cards for your current sysstem

silvertalon

djsmarinelectronics - 10/9/2018 10:37 AM

In order to share mapping you need a Gen2 touch or newer with the latest updates; you will need two cards for your current sysstem
I have 2- gen 2 non touch that are linked together with an ethernet cable. They share mapping just fine with 1 nav chip.

Fshn Cpa

Found a few fish. Enough that I can take my boater if needed and he wants to listen. Not so good Friday. A few small fish and hit some rocks. Took off half of my skeg and curled two blades on my prop. Waiting for Progressive adjuster to call me back. Thanks for the info Silvertalon

djsmarinelectronics

silvertalon - 10/12/2018 9:28 AM

I have 2- gen 2 non touch that are linked together with an ethernet cable. They share mapping just fine with 1 nav chip.

He is still not going to share mapping with a Gen 1; which map are you running Mr Silvertalon?, do you have selective shading and fish reveal as well?

silvertalon

djsmarinelectronics - 10/12/2018 7:58 PM

silvertalon - 10/12/2018 9:28 AM

He is still not going to share mapping with a Gen 1; which map are you running Mr Silvertalon?, do you have selective shading and fish reveal as well?
Didn't know Gen 1's didn't link up with gen 2's. Thanks.

djsmarinelectronics

Gen 1 will link up to a Gen 2, not every HDS (Gen 1 ) will share a Navionics card

djsmarinelectronics

Aries 181 - 10/13/2018 2:47 AM

I take it that navonics doesn't have a low water offset feature Johnny?

Bill

Not that I am aware of Bill, but the newest updates allow them to do selective depth shading like the Humminbird