Prized Waters-Concerns

Backlash

Everyone who has not seen or read this article on Page 1 of the Chattanooga Times this morning needs to read it. Great Article on Lake Chickamauga. Would download, but not sure how.

drdetroit

Hey, We do have Ironman!
b3df5dd1-d247-4a72-87b9-a750d3383784
??</p>

Dr Detroit</p>

Lx545

It's a simple solution really... go somewhere else and fish. Exactly what I have done. I have zero regrets doing it. Much more peaceful at other places.

Lx545

Yes I agree. It is the closest place for me to fish. But it comes down to enjoying myself somewhere else or not fishing. Sucks but it's reality and isn't going to change until people can't catch huge fish on the lake anymore.

swamp

Yes thats true.
Whats funny,at least i think it's funny,is my jet ski friends are complaining about all the boat traffic on Chickamauga.
Some of them have moved on to different lakes. Who would've thought it?

fischnrod

Lx545 - 11/24/2018 2:46 PM

Yes I agree. It is the closest place for me to fish. But it comes down to enjoying myself somewhere else or not fishing. Sucks but it's reality and isn't going to change until people can't catch huge fish on the lake anymore.

I'm with you on the big fish, I'd rather catch ten 3 pounders than one big fish any day. I do like catching the big ones on occasion though.

Aries 181

When the wrapped boats show up, I take an old saying to heart. "Go west young man" even though I'm not young any longer. The cba and a few local tx's don't bother me as I don't feel crowded but I want nothing to do with the wrapped boat crowd.

In the summer I only fish at night to avoid the wake boat and sea doo scourge that permeate our local waterways.

Bill

FishingwithRusty

people complaining because they cant get a front row parking spot or to one of community holes in peak fishing season. LOL!!! MORE govt involvement is the LAST thing anyone or anything needs. there are ramps all around the lake, people just have to be realistic and mature enough to recognize they are not the only ones going to the lake and ask themselves is it better for them to use a smaller ramp that may not be as close or go to the bigger, closer ramp and deal with crowd. the problem will take care of itself when the tournament fisherman kill too many of the big fish and the quality of the fishery drops, then tournaments will stop coming.

pakjohn

I bought a bigger faster boat due to all the boat traffic.... Then I retired and now only fish while you guys are at work. :D

I don't fish tournaments but sure don't want to see the Government get involved, a new lake will become hot and much of these wrapped boats will move on.

TNTall

I don't know how the budgeting works out, but it seems some of the ramps, docks, and parking lots could be improved or expanded to allow more options. Isn't there a way to fund that somehow? If a ramp doesn't have a dock, I can't easily launch there by myself.

fischnrod

Lx545 - 11/24/2018 1:23 PM

It's a simple solution really... go somewhere else and fish. Exactly what I have done. I have zero regrets doing it. Much more peaceful at other places.

Where you fishing at now ?

Lx545

Mostly below the dam. Sometimes nickajack. Wanting to fish parksville and weiss. I keep going back to the riverpark out of pure convenience. I love catching smallmouth also.

Aries 181

Lx545 - 11/26/2018 4:51 PM

Mostly below the dam. Sometimes nickajack. Wanting to fish parksville and weiss. I keep going back to the riverpark out of pure convenience. I love catching smallmouth also.
Below the dam and the riverpark IS Nickajack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill

Lx545

Yes I differentiate it like that. The river doesn't really fish like nickajack lake to me. Just my personal experience.