Senator Drafting New Law for Managing Milfoil

rsimms

Oldman

he cant be a avid fisherman by saying this bull sh$$ he needs to eat sh$$ and d$$

Aries 181

Troy Goldsby, owner of Aqua Services says the herbicides his company uses has absolutely no affect on humans. I wonder if he is willing to drink a glass full to prove his statement?

Bill

WaterChap

I don’t know much about science, but I do remember that RoundUp was considered pretty harmless, until it wasn’t.

WaterChap - 11/28/2018 7:10 AM

I don’t know much about science, but I do remember that RoundUp was considered pretty harmless, until it wasn’t.

Yup. And every human has been exposed to roundup so if you get cancer they will give you $.35 for your troubles

FishingwithRusty

when the operators can explain to me how their trucks are labeled "TOXIC" and "POISON" and yet they claim to be not hazardous to life then we can begin another conversation. when i took these pics the operator was pulling up to the dock at wolfteever and he couldnt answer my question. he tried to say it was a DOT reg, i asked him if milk tankers had the same labels...........deer in the headlights......................

Attachments

• grass truck.jpg
    grass truck.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 154
  • grass truck2.jpg
    grass truck2.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 160

jbh3

I don't know much about science either, but you can add asbestos, uranium, coal ash and a LOT of other substances to that list. That politico, and the rest of his "co-workers", need to identify and fix something that will actually benefit the majority of the folks he is supposed to represent. JMHO.

FishingwithRusty

rusty50576 - 11/28/2018 8:43 AM

Yup. And every human has been exposed to roundup so if you get cancer they will give you $.35 for your troubles

more like 289 million, if youre the guy in Cali and more cases being filed everyday! really bad thing is that youre right and everyone is exposed to that crap everyday!

Backlash

We know where this is headed....Senator Mike Bell's e-mail address is: sen.mike.bell@comcast.net if anyone would like to address your concern relating to the control of spraying and who is monitoring the spraying companies and punish those not complying with the current regulations.

Backlash

We know where this is headed....Senator Mike Bell's e-mail address is: sen.mike.bell@comcast.net if anyone would like to address your concern relating to the control of spraying and who is monitoring the spraying companies and punish those not complying with the current regulations.

Cstick1

Then you would know the contact herbicides when in contact with the water depleat to non toxic levels do not travel downstream to anywhere are soaked into the vegetation and do their thing. I'm not here to downplay the situation but it seems the aim is about water quality and no one cares about the boats that sit and leak in marinas and things like that. I wish there were ways around not spraying but it seems there is a misconception about what's going on.

FishingwithRusty

copy of the email i sent with above pics attached:
Mr. Bell,
So, I understand youre involved in the process and have some influence over the spraying of chemicals into our lakes and rivers in an effort to control the growth of various forms of vegetation.

As a constituent I want to make sure that you are considering “the greater good!” This isn’t about fishing(although I am an avid fisherman) or homeowners, this about safety and the poisoning of our water. MANY chemicals have been considered “safe” in the past and NOW we know better. Authorizing the release of poisonous/toxic chemicals into the waters is unacceptable! Round up, the weedkiller, was once considered safe and depending on who you ask you will get different answers but my point is this: if you wouldn’t drink it out of a glass, don’t put it in the water!

Is the vegetation that grows worth the risk of poisoning yourself, others, your grandchildren? Please find or review LONG TERM safety studies for human exposure to any of these chemicals, if you cant find or get the study then….should that chemical be released into the water?

I took the attached pictures of the trucks used by the company that was spraying on Lake Chickamauga this summer. Worked out that the air boat operator was at the dock and I asked him if the stuff was considered “safe” then why the labels on the trucks? He tried to say it was some DOT regulation, I asked if he saw those same placards on milk tankers. He couldn’t answer any of my questions about the safety and long term affects of the chemicals and this is the guy that’s spreading it in our water! That’s a BIG problem! They should be experts on what they are doing considering the number of people they are putting at risk with these chemicals.

I hope you’ve made it this far and are thinking about this from a SAFETY perspective, would you want to be associated with the mass poisoning of Tennessee residents?

Thanks

Rusty White

finbully

FishingwithRusty - 11/28/2018 8:47 AM

when the operators can explain to me how their trucks are labeled "TOXIC" and "POISON" and yet they claim to be not hazardous to life then we can begin another conversation. when i took these pics the operator was pulling up to the dock at wolfteever and he couldnt answer my question. he tried to say it was a DOT reg, i asked him if milk tankers had the same labels...........deer in the headlights......................

Multiple issues here. First, if these placards are to be displayed, the vehicle operator shall (not should!) understand what they are transporting and that what they are transporting actually meets the hazard the placard(s) indicate. This is very important for first responders! Second, the operator or their employer (if not one and the same), shall ensure that the SDSs (Safety Data Sheets) formerly Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) are readily accessible to employees for all hazardous chemicals in their workplace. So anyone except someone who suffers from extreme ignorance should make it their goal to know what they are working with.

Granted, the person was under no obligation to tell you anything. But if they did not know anything about the material they were transporting and apparently using that is a whole different story.

Given there are basically no laws or procedures governing the application of these chemicals into our waterways now, let’s see what the proposed legislation says before getting too worked up. It may end up being better for those of us who do not agree with adding herbicides to our waters. Don’t stop at griping on this forum! That does nothing. Do fill inboxes of the elected officials of notice of your position. If it ends up making us worse off run everyone who votes for it out of office by excercising your right to vote in each election.

jbh3

Cstick1 - 11/28/2018 1:19 PM

Then you would know the contact herbicides when in contact with the water depleat to non toxic levels do not travel downstream to anywhere are soaked into the vegetation and do their thing. I'm not here to downplay the situation but <font size="4">it seems the aim is about water quality and no one cares about the boats that sit and leak in marinas and things like that.</font> I wish there were ways around not spraying but it seems there is a misconception about what's going on.
</p>

In my opinion, water quality is the crux of the issue. The loss of the fish habitat the aquatic vegetation provides is secondary. The science you describe relative to the herbicide being used is less important to me than the fact that yet another toxic substance is being introduced to the public waterway. To many this introduction is for the purpose of solving a "problem" that seems to exist for only a small minority of folks. If this is a misconception, please do clarify for us as to what is actually going on. It is up to ALL of us to report pollution sources in a marina or anywhere else. Enhancing the ability of the applicable enforcement agencies to do their job would seem to be a more worthy cause for a public servant to embrace than the legislation being discussed here.
</p>

kingcab

My opinion on this subject ...
Number one Petroleum floats on the water surface, less density than water. ( Does not sink).
Pesticides are liquids having a greater density ( do sink ) than water, these are labeled Toxic and Very Toxic to kill aquatic growth ( Liquid Poison).
My personal opinion.