Think Chickamauga is crowded now? Just wait.

Pointer 78

Dayton seems to have had great success promoting itself as a tournament venue the last few years. Now Chattanooga is following Dayton's lead and will be promoting Fish Lake Chick. This initiative is aimed at increasing tournament fishing on Chickamauga. The promotion is scheduled to begin in January and apparently their target audience are tournament organizers nationwide. 

I'm afraid we will witness the continued decline of Chickamauga in the years to come because of this.

alicia ayers

Hey Pointer 78 , Yes I couldn't agree with you more after reading the article in today's paper !!! People are Hellbent on destroying our bass population by promoting MORE Tournaments , which in my opinion are way too many now. That's one of the reasons I don't fish tournaments anymore . There are not enough good spots out there that someone is not already on and if you are just fishing for fun always have to give way to a boat that is in a tournament , Sucks anyway you look at it !! We need to petition this move for sure > Makes no sense, they spent money , effort and time into creating a great lake to fish on and now they want to overcrowd it some more and destroy it .STUPID!!!!! I really got upset after reading the paper .

Aries 181

With the cheaper gas, I guess I'll be going to Nickajack more often in the busy months now and fishing during the week when most are at work.

As for moving just because someone is fishing a TX, take a number is all I can say.

Bill

Oldman

good bill,then you can teach me the nick.lol

Lx545

I say bring it all on. The sooner it gets overwhelmed and overfished the sooner it gets back to a level of normalcy. I think chattanooga is just finally jumping on the money train. On the upside hopefully they will actually coordinate with dayton and keep multiple huge tournaments from happening simultaneously.

muskyman

guys, you wanna see crowds ? Try fishing castaic or Casitas in So Calif . Or even Perris or DVL. Insane. Population density out there is sick, then you add fewer lakes and inspections to launch and 40-50 bucks just to get in. I hope it never gets as bad as the land of fruits & nuts.

swamp

Springmillvol - 12/16/2018 5:10 PM

All about the $. Keep it up and the Chick will be overwhelmed

Maybe all the tournament organizers will pitch in a little money for ramp and parking improvements.
You know, just out of the kindness of their heart.
All other money making ventures on the lake have to pay fees,by law, you know,commercial fishermen and guides ,but not them.
I'm sure volunteer some if they think it's needed.

churly

I missed the article. But what ramps are they promoting these tournaments for? HBSP is going to a permitting system and word I got late this Summer is CFP is going to begin limiting the number of TXs there as well...Dayton actually has the better set up and if you have ever fished a big tx up there like the Heartland Classic or one of the majors, the City of Dayton has it down to a science.

fischnrod

Bring back that monster boat that was running up and down the river a few years back, that will clear em out emoBigsmile emoUSA

rsimms

I can't help but laugh a little bit about this. For years and years I have listened to bass fishermen complain that Chattanooga government and business leaders don't care about fishermen or recognize the money they bring in to our economy.

Now when they are finally acting like they do care, folks are pissed about that. emoLaugh

“You can please some of the people all of the time. And you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can NEVER please all the people all of the time.”

rsimms - 12/18/2018 10:41 AM

I can't help but laugh a little bit about this. For years and years I have listened to bass fishermen complain that Chattanooga government and business leaders don't care about fishermen or recognize the money they bring in to our economy.

Now when they are finally acting like they do care, folks are pissed about that. emoLaugh

“You can please some of the people all of the time. And you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can NEVER please all the people all of the time.”
I agree and I guess it depends on your own perspective and what a person enjoys about fishing. I used to tourney fish some but now it’s a way to unwind from the stresses of everyday life. I do recognize that tourney fishing and the revenue it brings in is going to win out in the end and I’m ok with that. If fishing becomes such a hassle that I no longer enjoy it, that’s my problem and I’ll just move on to something else with no hard feelings.

beetlespin

rsimms - 12/18/2018 11:41 AM

I never understood fishermen wanting to attract more large tournaments. It’s only good for the ones trying to make money from it.

finbully

beetlespin - 12/18/2018 12:48 PM

I never understood fishermen wanting to attract more large tournaments. It’s only good for the ones trying to make money from it.[/QUOTE]

Precisely why I believe tournaments should pay a fee. They use a public good to make money. It is also a form of gambling, which is regulated where ever it exists.

M GO BLUE

...what SpringmillVol says:
[/QUOTE]
I agree and I guess it depends on your own perspective and what a person enjoys about fishing. I used to tourney fish some but now it’s a way to unwind from the stresses of everyday life. I do recognize that tourney fishing and the revenue it brings in is going to win out in the end and I’m ok with that. If fishing becomes such a hassle that I no longer enjoy it, that’s my problem and I’ll just move on to something else with no hard feelings.[/QUOTE]

I AGREE 100%. Part of the reason I don't tournament fish anymore. Also part of the reason I quit fishin' the Chick.