Who is the go to guy for Trolling Motor Pan install?

Gator

I am thinking of doing this, just want to be sure my boat has the room and want it done right. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Boat is 2002 19ft 1 in. Stratos or 19 XL.

Corey

Ya I would check with Johnny before I did anything. But I had the same problem when I upgraded trolly motors I had to have a bigger pan an I ended up doin it myself it’s not to hard just make sure you measure twice an cut once

Gator

I did ask Johnny some time back and he said he didn’t do that anymore. I’m wondering if cutting the hole will weaken my deck too much.

Aries 181

I installed mine Ernie and I'll bet your front deck is just as thick as mine, one inch. I actually stood on mine before screwing down the tray and there wasn't any flex at all.

Go ahead and have it done. Your back will thank you after standing there fishing all day.

Bill

FishingwithRusty

they are really not hard to do, ive done several. as mentioned above measure twice, cut once. look up into the front storage compartment to try and guage how far forward it goes(may end up cutting into the forward wall of it) and remove the bow panel and look/feel around under there to make sure there are no obstructions. ive done them on 2-3 stratos in the past, usually 3/4-1" thick deck with sprayed foam on the underside.

something to think about, if you have or will get an ultrex in the future, make sure the pan is wide enough as that is the widest foot pedal ive seen yet.

flyman

Check with silvertalon here on the forum he done mine reasonable price great work and fast

Gator

Thanks to everyone. I do appreciate the advise.

stockcarm14

I do them and in most cases can do them while you wait im in Dayton. 4232857467.