Hummingbird 998c

My buddy up dated my998c hummingbird went out today and don't have no GPS or my side image don't work any suggestions. Will probably call hummingbird

Aries 181

With all the bad reports on BBC about up dates on the bird forum, there is no way I will install one on either of my Helix 10's. Your best bet is to find someone who has the version of software you were using before the up date.

I doubt HB will be of much help to you.

Bill

Pop-R

Mine did the same thing just took out my map card and disconnected all but the power wire and reset to the default settings. Then it all came back. When mine did it just one side of my side imaging went out and the maps weren't working. Went back in and set it back to the way I had it.

FishingwithRusty

restore defaults should fix the problem, some of the updates have had glitches but for the most part have been good

river rat

a couple of years ago I had a 797 do that I called hummingbird they had me seen it in turn around 3 days fixed no charge

THANKS GUYS FOR ALL THE INFORMATION THIS IS THE THING I LIKE ABOUT THIS SITE YOU CAN ASK A QUESTION AND YOU GET GOOD RESPONSE THANKS. I RESET MY DEFAULTS AND GOT 90% OF MY STUFF BACK ESPECIALLY MY GPS SPEED TIME STILL HAVING ISSUES WITH SIDE IMAGE BUT I CAN DEAL WITH THAT. GLAD I GOT MY GPS BACK. I WAS ON CHICK YESTERDAY WITHOUT IT. AND YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED RAN A GROUND

Thanks pop r for infro my side image went out on one side also on the left reset defaults got MY GPS back but side image still one side I tried it a couple times did yours work first time I can live without side image but it's good at times any more suggestions THANKS

Pop-R

Sorry I just saw your question. I plugged in a different transducer and it did the same thing. I was still out on the water and reset my defaults after unplugging the one I was testing to see if that was it. After reset I plugged the old one back in and that is when it started working. I don't know if unplugging it had anything to do with it or not.