green screen

rippinlips2win

Has anybody had an interference from their trolling motor that turns the down scan and side scan of their HDS units green while the TM is in use? It seems to be worse when it is humid or raining. I cannot find a ground off, any help appreciated...

canoe fisherman

Is your unit being powered from trolling battery?

elwestb

Is the power cord close to the transducer cable? I am told that they need to be away from each other.

FishingwithRusty

assuming minnkota tm, there is supposedly a fuse in the head that pops and can cause RFI. as Earl said above, usually power wires to close to extra transducer wires in the nose of the boat

FishingwithRusty

rippinlips2win - 2/13/2019 1:11 PM

Motorguide....thanks FWR...

well, there ya go. MG is the worst about RFI. i ALWAYS had problems with my motorguides causing RFI on my graphs

Aries 181

rippinlips2win - 2/13/2019 2:54 PM

it just started about 3 months ago...been together for 2 years.
The same thing with my MG Tour 82, started about 6 months after installing the TM. Hauled it up to Rick Swafford in Lenoir City and when he took the motor apart it had moisture in the housing which caused corrosion to the armature, brush card assembly and internal motor ground.

He repaired or replaced what was bad and he also added an external ground in the control box. Now I have a basically new motor and no more RFI. I highly recommend Rick and will use him in the future if I need and more TM service.

Bill

Muskrat

Swafford Trolling Motor -- Rick Swafford. emoThumbsup emoThumbsup

Attachments

• Rick Swafford.jpg
    Rick Swafford.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 274

FishingwithRusty

Yeah Rick Swafford is the man

elwestb

I would probably try and put a couple of chokes (noise / interference reducer) on the transducer cord first.

Aries 181

rippinlips2win - 2/14/2019 9:17 AM

good info, thank you. just that I am not near him...lol volunteers to take it up there after the weekend?
All three of us are not near him either but we wanted out TM's fixed so we made it happen. 1 1/2 hours there and back and your gas.

Bill