Cranking battery

FirstLight

I am on the market for a new cranking battery. Mine bit it yesterday. It was an interstate that bass pro put in about 3 years ago. Pretty good length of service. I use it about every weekend.

I run 2 helix 9’s, a helix 10, a talon, night lights, and all other accessories off of it.

Any suggestions on best latest and greatest cranking batteries for the money?

Thanks

jb366

Duracell agm group 31. It's just a rebadged Deka for quite a bit cheaper. Sam's has them for about $180.
I have the Deka version in my boat and it runs 3- Helix 10's, a 360, and pumps all day long and never noticed any lag cranking up.

Aries 181

jb366 - 2/18/2019 8:54 PM

Duracell agm group 31. It's just a rebadged Deka for quite a bit cheaper. Sam's has them for about $180.
I have the Deka version in my boat and it runs 3- Helix 10's, a 360, and pumps all day long and never noticed any lag cranking up.
It will be my next crank battery if my tray is big enough. I believe they are the same size as a group 29.

Bill

Gator

Good to hear good things about Duracell’s. I bought 3 last year. Got them all at Sams.

If you stay w/ wet cell batteries you can't beat Deka. A bit more expensive but worth it - quality, durability, lifetime performance are all top notch. Interstates and Ever-starts (Wally World brand) are good choices because they're cheap and you can get them anywhere.

FishingwithRusty

Odessey 31 series AGM is what ive had, same battery going on 4yrs(and still going) now, 4 big graphs, hydrowave, talons, stereo, all the pumps and fires my opti with no problems. a bit more expensive but ive had such good service out of it for so far it would hard for me to go with anything else

FirstLight

yea, I am running everstart 2 year batteries for TM. one went bad within the 2 year period and I could not get a replacement ANYWHERE. Walmart ended up special ordering me a 1 year warranty to replace the bad one and refunded me the difference because they had no way of getting a 2year anymore. once these go bad I will go another route on my TM batteries too.

FirstLight

FishingwithRusty - 2/19/2019 8:43 AM

Odessey 31 series AGM is what ive had, same battery going on 4yrs(and still going) now, 4 big graphs, hydrowave, talons, stereo, all the pumps and fires my opti with no problems. a bit more expensive but ive had such good service out of it for so far it would hard for me to go with anything else

thanks, where do you get these?

Smalliefan2

I just put an X-2 group 31 in my boat from Batteries plus. 1150 CCA, 220 reserve capacity. Fished one day so far, charged back up in less than an hour.

Silverfish

If you have room, I always parallel 2 cranking batteries, few pounds extra weight never bothered performance but was worth the peace of mind !!!

FishingwithRusty

FirstLight - 2/19/2019 9:46 AM

FishingwithRusty - 2/19/2019 8:43 AM

thanks, where do you get these?

apparently batteries plus carries them