Best boat trailer tires?

Dgreen

I blew a tire today and need to replace it. It was a Tow Master with very low miles and I checked the air before I left home. Drove about 4 miles and pop emoBadLanguage! I'm going back with a different brand and would appreciate everyone's thoughts. Thanks in advance for your any helpful advice.

Aries 181

Goodyear endurance are probably the top of the line for trailer tires but at $100.00+ per tire, I wasn't spending $500.00 for four tires on my camper so I went with the Carlisle HD.

If I had only needed two, I would have gone with the Goodyear's.

Bill

Dgreen

Thanks for the info I was leaning towards the Goodyear's but wasn't sure. Anyone had a bad experience with them?

Oldman

yep i did.i had a Goodyear for about 7 months and blew one on the way back from the nick.no more good years for me.they use be be great but i think the quality has went way down.

ezebassn

If you are going to spend $100 per tire I would buy a light truck tire. I have experienced much better quality and longer life span from light truck tires on my trailers.

Rob Lee

Trailer tires have a thicker side wall for obvious reasons. I just bought four Goodyear Endurance. Regardless of what you buy, stick with a trailer tire.

elwestb

Rob Lee - 3/20/2019 8:19 PM

Trailer tires have a thicker side wall for obvious reasons. I just bought four Goodyear Endurance. Regardless of what you buy, stick with a trailer tire.

Ditto, what he said!

Aries 181

ezebassn - 3/20/2019 8:28 PM

If you are going to spend $100 per tire I would buy a light truck tire. I have experienced much better quality and longer life span from light truck tires on my trailers.
When was the last time you saw a new 14" light truck tire for sale?

Bill

Buoy-Master

Light truck tires are not rated for trailer use and I've seen a ton of my share of blow outs and worn tires. get a ST rated.
Provider also makes a killer tire.

Cutting corners and saving a buck can land you into big time repair cost. Been doing this for 26 years and I've seen it. Proper air pressure is one of the biggest failures also.

J/S