Rendering aid

xpress19

I was on my way to the ramp when I seen a boat toot their horn I turned around and they said they had run out of gas. They wanted me to tow them to wolftever. It was about two miles I did it took me about 20 to 25 minutes I felt that was a bit much .. What would you do ? I tried to tell them about Tow boat USA . I felt used !!!!

silvertalon

It's actually a responsibility as a boater to help someone in distress. Now, I've also heard of someone getting fined for illegal towing of a vessel. Guess you need to be licensed like Tow Boats US to tow a boater? I'm sure others will chime in with more info.

Allison2002

If you fish or boat long enough your turn will come when you will need help. 25 minutes of your time was spent well you did the right thing the favor will be returned one day.

bassinbrian

AlwYs help someone when you can, kinda pay it forward if you will. Been broke down a time or two myself over the years. Always appreciated anyone who took their time to help! But do it with a glad heart, the lord appreciates such gestures!!

hoop235

You defiantly done the right thing. As others have said, if you fish long enough chances are you will need help on the water too at some point in time.

catch 1

I’ve been towed one time on Guntersville years ago. I have towed two in since, one didn’t even thank me. You did the right thing. I believe in Karma.

BustinBass197

You did the right thing, but I'm with you on the feeling used part. They would not run out of gas had they been responsible. I prolly would have just towed them to Harrison where they could have purchased some more gas. Thats a lot of wear and tear on your outboard!

Aries 181

I'll tow one to the nearest public ramp but I'm not a taxi service. Years a go, before there were cell phones, I was fishing the roadbed in cave lake when a guy in a jon boat paddled up to me saying he had run out of gas and wanted me to tow him back to suck creek.

I said I was willing to tow him to Shellmound where he could call someone to come get him but he said he lived in Dunlap and needed to get home. He paddled off and I went back to fishing the roadbed.

Bill

BustinBass197

Some of these folks who just cross their fingers and hope their rig runs right are taking some major risks.

xpress19

I help people as much as I can, My concern was I have a new 250 sho and 2000 rpm or less is not good. I should of taken them to Harrison Bay , but they looked like they would not be able to buy beer after getting gas...I purchased Tow Boat usa so I don't have to ask anyone for a hand....