Culling fish at the ramp?

elwestb

Fellows, I believe that we need to add this rule to our the CFF Tx's! For instance, if come to the weigh in and have about 9 lbs. with my three largest fish which are all LM and I see that 15 ibs. is winning the Tx. and there is no way I going to finish in the top ten or so. But I also have a forth fish, a Spot in the live well. After seeing the early part of the weigh in and knowing what is leading, I then go back to my boat and cull out my smallest LM and put the Spot in the bag! Now I have a shot at Spot money! Culling should not be allowed at the ramp or dock. JMO! It's open for discussion.

churly

Most trails have that rule.

elwestb

Well we have now had added that rule! We are not accusing anyone of anything it was just brought to our attention. Thank you!
!

bronzeback45

It's a gamble on spots but I go for the weight over everything. It's a points trail, so why would you decrease weight with a smaller spot. JMO. Thanks for adding th hat to the rules!

billyc

It really keeps someone from having a big bag of fish that wins by four or five pounds from keeping a spot in reserve or a small mouth and not only winning the tournament but knocking other angler's out of money or a point or possibly a place in angler's of year. It forces a decision on the fly and not one with an unfair advantage at the ramp after you know what everyone else did. Kinda like playing cards with marked deck . You can win but at what cost.

silvertalon

Easy to fix- eliminate spot and SM and just go with 1 or 2 big bass. Can also add a 'no culling at the weigh-in location' etc. imo.

finbully

Yep no more than the number of fish that will be weighed in should be allowed to be kept captive at any time. I'm surprised this has not been a rule for a long time.