Power Poles 1 or 2?

JoeFD

Thinking about taking the plunge and going the power pole route. Is one sufficient or do you really need the two?

if you fish shallow and/or in current a lot you'll benefit from having two. otherwise you'll often spin around the one. if you'll use your poles infrequently you can easily get by w/ one.

Crankinken

I think airborne said it. I prefer 2 to keep me from rotating around from wind or current especially when I am targeting a specific spot in cover and want to fish it slowly, thoroughly, and not disturb the area. If you are not planning on using them much or don’t need this much control, one may be sufficient.

FirstLight

I got one talon on mine and would love to have 2 but I have an 18.5' boat and don't want the extra weight back there. they are heavy. Not to mention the $ of another one. I just bump the trolling motor to keep the nose of boat in place as mentioned above if it wants to rotate around and that doesn't bother me to do that. it is so handy to have for many reasons. can't live without it now.

lafae7

I’ve used just one since they came out with the Blade and I haven’t found a need for 2. It’s been a couple of years now . It’s all about positioning.