Anyone willing to fish together?

JoeFD

Was wondering if anyone would be willing to spend some time fishing together. I do ok on the lake, but its hit or miss for me. Sometimes I feel like i am chasing my tail out there. I see the reports of guys who are consistently catching a lot of fish, and some big ones! Would anyone be willing to spend some time on the water showing me the ropes of the lake? I'm more than willing to do it any way you prefer, your boat, my boat, or running both boats. Thanks!

FishingwithRusty

if you dont get any takers but REALLY want to learn.....hire a guide. too many bass fisherman wont hire a guide and its silly, everyone needs some help from time to time with different things, why not get help with your fishing from the experts on this body of water. ive done it on several occasions and i used to guide.

Rob Lee

I considered a guide myself. However, in the back of my mind I thought the guide would be reluctant to put me on fish...knowing that I have a boat and may someday revisit areas. Sound advice Rusty.

FishingwithRusty

Rob Lee - 5/9/2019 2:58 PM

I considered a guide myself. However, in the back of my mind I thought the guide would be reluctant to put me on fish...knowing that I have a boat and may someday revisit areas. Sound advice Rusty.

hell ive hired guides that i would be competing against, told them upfront i would be fishing the same tournament. they may not show me the very best stuff they are on at the time but they will give me enough of a clue that i can go build on it.

when you pay a guide you are paying for that information! not only would i horse laugh any guide that said something to me about fishing an area or pattern that we fished during our trip i'd be sure to spread the word about what db they were for even thinking i shouldnt fish it again.

everyone has secret squirrel stuff that they will never show anyone and that is their choice but once you show one person...........................

JoeFD

I've also thought about going the guide route, but wondered the same thing if i would be limited because he knew i was coming back with my boat!