Cranking battery

ditchdoc666

Any one ever used the interstate 29DC for starting battery and all accessories ? Has 840 MCA and 210 RC and it will be turning a 150 XR2 Merc after 5 hours my electronics are showing low volts but motor starts
fine,thanks for the help, not interested in AGM as charger wont charge them I thing ,older dual pro

Smalliefan2

I would touch base with Dual Pro first. My 13 year old charges AGM batteries. Visited wit Dual Pro at Knoxville show, rep said it would work fine, it does.

Justfishin

My unit reads low voltage also. I took the battery an had it checked. It had over 12 volts after using it all day. I think I have to much pulling on one wire. I haven’t checked it yet

Pop-R

if you have electronics hooked to that battery also generally you will have them shutting off when you crank the engine. I had that same battery and it was doing that. I replaced it and it stopped. Surprisingly the batter still showed good and I put it on my brother-in-laws small boat and it is running his trolling motor fine.

jbh3

Doc, if your Merc engine uses stators vice an alternator an AGM battery may not be your best choice anyway. You might look at the big wet cell commercial battery at NAPA - https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NBP7237. As stated above, the older Dual Pro's with 15 amps per bank do fine with AGM's.

Fshn Cpa

My electronics used to shut off sometimes when I started the big engine. Ran wires direct from the units to the starting battery, no more problem

Oldman

go to wally world and get a 29 max.they have three year warranty now and they will run everything.99 bucks.