Black light choices

TightlineT

Thinking about getting some blacklights for my boat. I have an old suction cup one, but was wondering about others. I did search on here and saw mention of the blue waters in the rub rail and also some drop ins. Which is the best way to go? If the rub rail is the way, do you need 4 strands so you are covered front and back on both sides, or will the front cover enough of the back? If I stay with a suction cup type, is there a brand anyone really likes? Thanks for any recommendations. Jim

BulletTJ

The rub rail lights look cool. But if you bump a dock or something, they will break and will not work past the point of the break. I prefer the drop in style for that reason.

joewales

BulletTJ - 6/8/2019 4:13 PM

The rub rail lights look cool. But if you bump a dock or something, they will break and will not work past the point of the break. I prefer the drop in style for that reason.

what brands are best?

Aries 181

Best plug/in or drop\in made, bar none but they ain't cheap.

Bill

Attachments

• IMG_1150.JPG
    IMG_1150.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 303

TightlineT

Thanks for the replies. I sure wish I would have had some last night. The one I have is pretty old and probably takes more juice than the new ones anyway. Thanks again....Jim

Cstick1

I’ve tried them all and should’ve just bought a moonlite from the get go..we have them in the rubrail and don’t turn them on anymore

rodman55

Ive had them all stan sloan , moon lites, Nucli eye, and rub rail. Its what you can afford and making good decisions. I now have the LED lights from amazon.com. They are the led rub rail lights both side 3ft sections in front and back. They are great and I've hit the dock about every time I come in going on three years now with no problems just under 50.00 for the rub rail lights.