Trolling Motor Wars

Oldman

when a better trolling motor is made it will be by minnkota.

hoop235

A lighted direction arrow for night fishing is one thing I wish my Ultrex had. That and a dimmer for that bright #$&# blue light when the motor is on.

FishingwithRusty

hoop235 - 7/9/2019 4:07 PM

A lighted direction arrow for night fishing is one thing I wish my Ultrex had. That and a dimmer for that bright #$&# blue light when the motor is on.

LOL! the very first thing i did when i completed the install of my ultrex was put a piece of electrical tape over that damn blue light. its TOO bright!!!!

hoop235

FishingwithRusty - 7/9/2019 4:09 PM

hoop235 - 7/9/2019 4:07 PM

LOL! the very first thing i did when i completed the install of my ultrex was put a piece of electrical tape over that damn blue light. its TOO bright!!!!

Yes, mine has tape on it right now! Obviously those guys/girls that engineered it never fished at night. emoLaugh

FishingwithRusty

Aries 181 - 7/9/2019 8:04 PM

I wouldn't trade my nine year old 82 Tour for any of that plastic junk.

Bill

i was a staunch motorguide tour edition fan for years. motorguide introduced a new trolling motor as well WITH a metal foot pedal and spot locking tech AND still has cable steering, the head is ugly as sin though

i may be going back to motorguide after a year or 2 of them working out the bugs

silvertalon

FishingwithRusty - 7/10/2019 10:28 AM

Aries 181 - 7/9/2019 8:04 PM

I wouldn't trade my nine year old 82 Tour for any of that plastic junk.

Bill

i was a staunch motorguide tour edition fan for years. motorguide introduced a new trolling motor as well WITH a metal foot pedal and spot locking tech AND still has cable steering, the head is ugly as sin though

i may be going back to motorguide after a year or 2 of them working out the bugs

Unless M Guide becomes H Bird GPS compatable, you won't be able to use the 360 and will have to go back to Lowrance with "Liveview". I do like this new look by M Guide and I'll bet its lighter and sits lower than M Kota. It will be interesting to see what KVD does, lol.

FishingwithRusty

ive got a year or 2 before i even consider any of the new trolling motors

silvertalon

FishingwithRusty - 7/11/2019 12:04 PM

ive got a year or 2 before i even consider any of the new trolling motors
Same here but the new Lowrance is gonna make me do something financially irresponsible- I'm affraid of this, lol.

I agree with the need for a directional light on the Ultrex and the bright blue light is a joke. The new Lowrance motor looks like something from a SciFi movie.

churly

Brushless motors and digital steering. The garmin is claiming to have 30% more power than the competitors. I was about to buy a new TM, but Im gonna sit back and see which one starts having issues first.

Dropshot

Staff member
churly - 7/11/2019 4:11 PM Brushless motors and digital steering. The garmin is claiming to have 30% more power than the competitors. I was about to buy a new TM, but Im gonna sit back and see which one starts having issues first.
</p>

</p>

Same here...Did I read correctly that the Garmin and Lowrance work for 24 or 36 Volts?</p>

Carl

Dropshot - 7/11/2019 5:33 PM

churly - 7/11/2019 4:11 PM Brushless motors and digital steering. The garmin is claiming to have 30% more power than the competitors. I was about to buy a new TM, but Im gonna sit back and see which one starts having issues first.
</p>

</p>

Same here...Did I read correctly that the Garmin and Lowrance work for 24 or 36 Volts? </p>

Yes, both of them have a 36v motor that can be ran on 24v as well.

finbully

I don’t see any reason for me to switch from Minnkota for FW and Rhodan for SW. If only Rhodan made foot control units...

bronzeback45

100lb thrust on Lowrance 24v as well!

djsmarinelectronics

Watch the YouTube Russell Marine review between it and the Ultrex; great motor for Lowrance owners, Humminbird owners stick with MinnKota