Grass update

Hey guys how is the grass coming this year. I have not been near the lake since April and was just wondering how much all the current early int he year has hurt the grass. We do not fish Chick again until October, but have not heard anyone talking about the grass lately.
Thanks guys

churly

occasionalfisher - 8/18/2019 4:28 PM

Hey guys how is the grass coming this year. I have not been near the lake since April and was just wondering how much all the current early int he year has hurt the grass. We do not fish Chick again until October, but have not heard anyone talking about the grass lately.
Thanks guys

It way behind years past for the obvious reasons you mentioned. There is grass but many areas that are usually full are barren. Wish I had better news but Mother Nature writes her own book

Thanks man, still have plenty of time before October, just was wondering. Last year we fished in September and was much less than the previous year, but was still plenty of grass to fish.

Ok guys I know this is an older thread, but any updates on where the grass is at this point would be helpful. We have a tournament up there out of Chester Frost Thursday, it is just a club tourney from GA and we didn't get to come pre-fish. Not looking for any fishing info, just approx water temps and if there is any grass on the lower end near Chester Frost. Thanks guys