prop

grumps1

I have recently bought an 92 stratos 201 pro xl with a 200 johnson it has a 4 blade prop on it , what would be the proper size prop for this setup?

FishingwithRusty

hows the one that came with it run? every boat and motor combination are different.

lafae7

I got a buddy running similar pad with a 175 and he is running 25 pitch 4 blade renegade or whatever the Johnson prop is called and he is hitting consistent 60mph. He doesn’t have a jack plate either. I’m trying to sell him one of mine lol

lafae7

Yeah, you could lose some rpms. That sounds pretty high to me imo. See if you could borrow a 25 pitch. Is that a digital tach and what Model Johnson? hopefully a venom.

FishingwithRusty

definitely should reduce the rpms, your motor will live longer for it. i never liked to turn those older motors more than 5500rpm but that is just a personal choice. if i remember right you generally loose or gain about 200 rpm per inch of change in the pitch of a prop. so a 25 or higher may be what you need to reduce the rpms and the higher pitch prop should get you some more speed although it may slow your hole shot, specially in the hot weather.