Fishing Line

jpdavidm

Just wanted to see what everyone uses for fishing line I use P-Line HALO never had any issues I know there is quite of different types. Just curious on seeing all the different Posts.

Gator

On bass baitcasters I use BPS fluorocarbon or Segar and Mono is Trileen. Crappie spinning reels have 4 lb Mr. Crappie.

churly

seagar invsix

Tight_Lines

I had a lot of knot tying/strength/breaking with all brands of newer mono and Fluoro lines and tying many different knots. So now I have gone to strictly Braid on all of my rods.. except for the tangling issue i have had no problems since. brand is all preference, so do your homework and find one that you like and when you trust it i would go with it. my two cents

FishingwithRusty

good ole Big Game for me, gotta be the CLEAR though and the Piscifun Braid

Fshn Cpa

I am a P-line fan. 12 lb fluoroclear on spinning, some mono some fluorocarbon and braid on casting reels

JohnnyG

I’m a Sunline Structure and Cranking fan. Assasin and sniper is good too. I started off using Seagar because of the popularity of it but it would become a milky shade of clear and would break off too much. I then tried Sunline and I gained a lot of confidence in it. That’s the key thing at the end of the day, what ever you have confidence in use it.

Rob Lee

IMO Seaguar and Sunline are really good. Tried several different brands this year, some disappointing others not to bad. I use Hi-viz Vicious on my crappie reels and really like it. Has anyone tried Vicious Fluorocarbon? Cant find any Vicious in stores, I order the hi-viz on-line. Thought about trying their fluorocarbon.

jb366

Sunline structure for dragging, sniper for everything else. Tried a bunch of brands and types and had problems with all except those 2

elwestb

camaro88z - 9/18/2019 10:27 PM

Seagar invizx. Been my go to for a long time. Love the stuff.

Yes Sir!

jimwarden

Fluorocarbon line:

Always used Seaguar lines with success. Red Label, Invisx, Tatsu (for leaders)
Tried the new Sufix Advance Flourocarbon lately and it is working well.

Mono and/or Copolymer line:

Copolymer - the red/blue label original Pradco Super Silver Thread line made in Japan is awesome..the new stuff is awful. I have 3000 yard spools in about all the line sizes 4lb and up, bought off eBay as it’s been discontinued since the 1990’s.

Mono - Sufix Advance Mono - great stuff with less stretch and more sensitivity.

Braided line:

- Power Pro Super Slick v2 - less noisy and casts great on spinning tackle.
- Seaguar Smackdown - very slick and in hi-vis green or stealth grey...doesn’t wear as well as PP
- Ardent Gliss mono braid - my favorite for the money in bright yellow fluorescent..no noise..super slick..and only $14.99

porthos33

Cant go wrong with k9 and its price. Insizx if you have deep pockets. Big game if you want the best bang for the buck. And CXX pline clear is still one of my all time favorites. Braid, whatever spectra ebay has cheapest. Now my list of lines I would never use again is much longer!