Best boat insurance company?

FishingwithRusty

worldwide marine ins. agreed value policy, low prices and GREAT service!!! they have taken care of me for YEARS!!!!!! recently covered a lowered unit that the seal was destroyed but braided line.

they know boats and BASS boats!

FishingwithRusty

oh and they support the fishing community!

Fshn Cpa

I have progressive. Also agreed value policy, but I think my 2002 boat is nearing the end of the period where the agreed value holds. They replaced my lower unit last year when I hit some rocks but gave the guys at Fish-N-Fun a hard time. From my end it was good but they made Fish-N-Fun tear down the unit even after they had agreed to replace it. Go figure. Thanks to Tom for dealing with them. A lot of the insurance companies will not have agreed value policies. Mine comes due in April and I will check Rusty's suggestion. It never hurts to check around.

FishingwithRusty

Call and talk to Bob, he's a BUSY guy when you actually get on the phone with him , you'll be like "oh yeah! this guy knows his s&^t!"

VolsFan24

Bob at Worldwide Marine is a wizard. The guy explained everything to me and it was clear as day as far as the policy and coverages I needed. Agreed value and exactly what you need. I do think the policy is sold to another company. My papers say Progressive on them. I haven’t had to file a claim so I cannot speak on the service, but i have had 2 boats insured with them and calling and talking to someone is extremely easy. Like said above, they know boats and bass boats and they even know fishing.

kevo615

I use Bob at worldwide marine, also. He knows what he is talking about, and took care of me when I hit a floater and progressive totaled my last boat.

Gator

Just bought TowBoatUS ins, it is thru Geico. It was highly recommended.

rsimms

It's very hard to compare insurance UNLESS (A) you're basing it solely on price, or (B) you've been through several claims with different companies.

Price isn't always the best comparison and few of us have been through multiple claims with different companies.

That said, I use BoatUS. I have been through two claims... one after a lower unit went up against a rock, and lost. The second when I was rear-ended on the highway and my trailer was totaled (miraculously, the boat was unharmed).

In both cases I was very satisfied with BoatUS and how quickly and well they responded.

jsb

I've had Progressive, Farm Bureau and State Farm. Would recommend FB & SF but I would run like the dickens from Progressive. They were one big joke finally had to get in touch with the CEO to finally get my boat fixed.