Recent Walleye

Tight_Lines

Has anyone caught any walleye recently or chase them regularly? if so do you mind throwing me a bone as to baits/Lures places to find them? I do alot of bank fishing but also have a fishing yak to get to a few places within reason... thanks in advance!
Good Fishing to all!

M GO BLUE

Should start seeing increasing reports of fish caught pretty soon. I usually don't start after them until temps get in the low to mid-50's, and best catch rates usually come in November/December for me where/how I fish. Don't expect Canada or Lake Erie walleye fishing though, my best days here were comparable to my worst days up North. Live bait is always hard to beat but you'll get more bi-catch than anything. Jigs, swim-baits and crankbaits are go-to's. If the sun is big/bright/high in the sky, don't waste your time. I always compared this type of fishing with duck hunting: THE NASTIER, THE BETTER. Try to find rock with current.

Good luck,
M

Tight_Lines

M GO BLUE,
awesome thanks for the heads up! i actually caught one on friday eve and then another one sun afternoon.. and wasnt even targeting them. i was after the hybrid white bass that were running. though, counting mine, 3 walleye caught on sunday. caught both of mine on pearl white bobby Garland with pink 1/8 oz. jig head. both were just barely legal. hopefully they will start to roll in. i work at chatt state so may have to do some early morning fishing for them!! or late evening for that matter!! :)

M GO BLUE

SWEET. If I worked that close to the water, I'd have been fired a long time ago.

I've threatened to night fish for them during the summer for the past 2 yrs and have yet to make it. Fishing for them is ALWAYS better before the sun comes up, but they're usually MUCH HIGHER in the water column in the dark.

Bigger baits = Bigger fish, IMHO.

I am going to try it over the next few days I hope, will let you know what I see.

Tight_Lines

M Go BLue,
i am going to stay for a while after work tonight up until about 830ish. the shad have been running somewhat behind chat state out in the current just past the eddie so maybe that will attract some other fish in. good luck to you and thanks for the advice!

M GO BLUE

Good luck, let us know how you do. Remember: They're higher-up after dark.

I went last Friday and skunked. With generating 40K + floodgates opened, I never got my my baits close to them, I'd say. Did manage my first ever Paddlefish, which was a treat + about 10 nice white bass, all still swimming. Temp was 54* which is still a little on the warm side.

Tight_Lines

M Go blue,
Ive caught one paddle fish my self definitely very cool!!! sounds like a pretty good day... i had a nice run with white bass for about two days by the dam a week or so ago but since they have disappeared. so last night i fished from the bank till about 645p. gates were still open and water was up pretty good. was also stained in color. threw flutter spoons a few crankbaits bobby garlands, and a 3/4 once hair jig. no walleye... but managed a 13.4 lb drum, a 17.6 blue cat, 3 shad and a 2lb. channel cat. so decent night!
Good Fishing to you ahead!