Duck Season Feedback Requested Please

rsimms

I'm going to be writing an article about the status of waterfowl hunting in the region. In North Alabama (where I hunt mostly) we are into the second absolutely HORRIBLE season in a row. We went through several years of outstanding hunting (albeit mostly gadwalls) from 2010 - 2016, but now our wintering population of ducks has plummeted.

Of course last year was one of the worst seasons in history for everyone in the Southeast. I hear reports from West Tennessee and Arkansas that this season has not been great, but far better than last year.

I'd like to hear some feedback (for the record) on your duck season to-date. It doesn't matter WHERE you're from or where you hunt, let me know how it's been so far this season compared to years past. Real names included please (but not required if you want to remain under the radar.)

Thanks in advance.

woodduck

Too much water, every pothole has water, not enough ducks. Ducks have not moved down, Eric Easterly, Dunlap

Cstick1

I thought it couldn't get any worse than last year but this year it's really concerning how bad it has been. It's getting harder and harder to pay for all the licenses and stamp that keep going up in price to go kill nothing but time.

Rob Lee

Buddy of mine just got back from Missouri and the absolutely slayed the ducks. All different kinds. Sorry don’t remember...not a duck hunter. Rob Lee