Chickamauga Silver Carp?

jcodylew

Saw an article that popped up on google today claiming that TWRA has confirmed reports of silver carp on Chickamauga... the article has photos of one that “jumped” in someone’s Phoenix back in October around Sequoyah. Any one on here have any insight if this is legit or not?? If it is this could be bad news for our lake!

silvertalon

Haven't seen it for myself but I spoke with someone on Sat who stated that silver's have recently been spotted in numbers clearing the water around the power plant area. I saw carp up shallow jumping in Dallas Bay on sat but the water was 58. Don't know what species but they looked orange like normal carp.

The only way to stop them is in the locks, that's the only way they are moving upriver. Sounds like they have some ideas but they aren't 100 percent effective (yet).

silvertalon

The red tape process of getting plentiful federal funding is going to kill the entire TN River economy. Look at how fast it killed Kentucky Lake, the greatest bass fishery in the country 3 years ago. This happens very fast and once these fish take hold, it's over. 8-12 lbs are winning tournaments on KY! That's scary! I'm not sure if they've even installed the sound barriers at Pickwick yet!? I did read it is being tested right now on KY.