On board charger problems

acrey

Ok guys I have a minnkota 3 bank charger, some how I'm getting a feed back on the negative side to my plug for my trolling motor. I unhooked all 3 banks and it goes away. When i plug in the trolling motor i hear a slight pop, even though the trolling motor is off. My meter shows 12 volts from the negative post on the battery to the neg on the plug????? and from the positive post to the neg plug. What am i missing???? Im thinking problems inside the onboard charger.

TightlineT

I don't know how to fix or find your problem, but those things have been the cause of a few houses being burned down. About got mine a few years ago. Guy at work lost his house to one too. Hope you get it fixed.

silverbullet

Take it to DJ Marine he will fix u right up he is the best around chatting and sourrounding area Dj! Electronics ringgold ga

FishingwithRusty

DJ's or Danny @ Stealth1 in hixson should be able to fix it. my bet is the plug..............

danrnsmyth

some of the old ranger plugs had a bridge inside the plugs, sounds like a postive wire making contact and there is not a lot of clearance on some of those plug terminals