Help with batteries.

SHane

Just found a dead battery (trolling motor) on my 2019 Nitro. Running an 86 lb thrust ultera. It came with two 27 group interstate batteries.
1. If I replace one should I replace both?
2. How good are the 27 group interstate batteries at Academy? They are $99

stratos21xl

If its a 2019 model boat I would think it would be in warranty. I dont know of any battery that doesn’t have at least a 1 year warranty. But yes, if you replace the battery then I would definitely replace both of them. If ease of getting them replaced is a big deal for you then I would look at everstarts from Wal-Mart...no matter where you go, there is always a wal-mart around. I have always used dekka’s and have had really good luck with them. I recently bought 2 new group 31 trolling battery’s from Sams for 100.00 each and they are Duracell branded but they are made by the same company that makes dekka batteries so time will tell if they hold up as good as my dekkas did.

Have you checked the charger to make sure you’re getting good voltage out of it to the trolling batteries?

jg1456

INTERSTATES FROM ACADEMY ARE FINE. I BOUGHT 3 FOR MY BOAT. THEY PUT MONTH/YEAR STICKERS ON THEM USUALLY. JUST FIND THE NEWEST ONES ON THE SHELF.

Smalliefan2

Do both. Buy 29's , if they fit.