Birds

finbully

Birds are out building nests now. If you store your rig outdoors consider covering the motor cowling so you don't end up with a bird nest in there that will affect your air intake.

hoop235

I had a wren build a nest down in my trim unit one time. Motor was propped up on the transom saver and she found a nice little place between the trim cylinder and bracket to build a nest. The nest already had eggs in it when I found it but luckily it was on an older Bass Tracker that I don't use all the time so I just waited until they fledged out.
Now I keep a check on it during spring/summer to make sure she doesn't start another one. Lol

digitalcb

Can't count the number of projects I've has to postpone in my 73 years because of birds.</p>

Have to leave my flood lights out every year when swallows build nest on top emoAngel
</p>

digitalcb

I only extended once. Got there in Nov 66. got wounded, malaria and snake bit. Made Sergent in 17 months. At the end of my first tour I had too many good men I felt like I would be abandoning as I was an old salt by that time @20 years old. First tour in Vietnam was 12 months. Six month extensions were counted as a "tour".

Attachments

• Combat Soldier-002.jpg
    Combat Soldier-002.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 279
Welcome home, CB. And thank you for serving.

Since we're on the subject of critters building things in our boat motors, I've also had issues w/ wasps building nests inside the cowling and the water port. I'm still scratching my head as to how the heck they got into the water port but . . .

digitalcb

emoUSA emoThanks