New Trolling Motor

Rob Lee

Wasn't sure which forum to post under because post involves trolling motor; transducer, and units. Going to purchase new Minn Kota trolling motor. My units are Helix 10 Chirp SI GPS G2N. So, my question is...I don't need the "universal sonar or the Mega Down Imaging" that is offered with these trolling motors? Wouldn't the one I have be the best? Question...can my transducer be mounted on the new trolling motors? Thanks

Lx545

There is sufficient room to mount it on the us2 model but not the mega model. I wanted to buy the mega model for room to grow later but it doesnt appear there is room to mount an external transducer to anything but the us2 model.

djsmarinelectronics

Rob, you can pay the extra $150 to get the SI transducer built in and you will not have to run the cables down the shaft any longer IF your Gen 2 is a MEGA SI. If it is a Gen2 SI model, it does not have the ability to read MEGA signal. All Gen 2 models are not MEGA, you need to determine which it is by the sticker on the bottom side of the unit, unless you have the box, it will be on the box. Either transducer will fit on the bottom of the new Ultrex, which will have a US2 transducer as standard. You will then have the same image quality you have now.

Clear as Mud? Give me a call....