Tour Grade Line

drdetroit

Anyone have opinions on the Strike King Tour Grade Line?</p>

Dr Detroit</p>

FirstLight

I've never tried it. But have tried other fluoro's and I always come back to FC sniper by Sunline. I like Seaguar InvizX alot too.

FishingwithRusty

WaterChap - 6/4/2020 1:03 AM

So Rusty, you’re fishing mono?

yes sir, ive tried just about every flouro on the market and the performance doesnt justify the price for me. with the exception of long line dragging(football head jig, big worm or maybe a swimbait) techniques the mono is comparable in performance and then when i look at price, its a pretty easy decision for me. the increased sensitivity of the flouro is nice in situations but the stiffness of it makes a tougher to cast(backlashes and kinks) that its just not worth it. i change line A LOT!

Piscifun already has 2 different braids out and is supposed to be coming out with a flouro and a mono. i will test them when they are available and go from there.

danrnsmyth

I have to agree with rusty on the Flouro, I liked the sensitivity but it just became too much hassle for the price. I would stretch it out in the garage over nails along the wall and put a sinker on the end to remove the memory the day before I went fishing. I bought better grade fluro and used line treatment on it, but I still had to change it too often. So I went back to mono, also I use some copolymers. What I think I have found with copolymers is that although it is strong and has some better sensitivity than mono, it does not deal well with shock impact. So if you set the hook with the "cross their eyes" method then you may want to back off the drag or you will pop it.

All my rods have mono on it and I like the big game mono but I use the bass pro brand line in the 1200 yard spools mostly. All my rods have 12,14, or 17 on them

danrnsmyth

no, I have tried, p-line, fc sniper, berkley, and segaur, I actually like the feel, it just seems to get kinky and difficult to manage after two or three trips. I try to keep it out of the sun when not fishing with the outfit, maybe gamma is worth trying

Blackeyedshad

They gave me some of the 30lb braid when I got a reel at the classic. I probably would have never bought it. I did spool it up and have used it a good bit. No complaints, cast good, never snapped on a hook set and the color lasted a little longer than other brands I use.

Rob Lee

FishingwithRusty - 6/4/2020 7:55 AM

yes sir, ive tried just about every flouro on the market and the performance doesnt justify the price for me. with the exception of long line dragging(football head jig, big worm or maybe a swimbait) techniques the mono is comparable in performance and then when i look at price, its a pretty easy decision for me. the increased sensitivity of the flouro is nice in situations but the stiffness of it makes a tougher to cast(backlashes and kinks) that its just not worth it. i change line A LOT!

Piscifun already has 2 different braids out and is supposed to be coming out with a flouro and a mono. i will test them when they are available and go from there.

I went and bought some “big game” today. Going to try it. The cost of fluorocarbon is off the charts. Thank you.

sully

I have been really thinking about to going back to mono. I have broke off so many fish on the hook set using a shakey head or worm and i cant stand when the fluro breaks down in the reel and your bait goes about 150 yards.

FishingwithRusty

Rob Lee - 6/8/2020 1:38 PM

FishingwithRusty - 6/4/2020 7:55 AM

I went and bought some “big game” today. Going to try it. The cost of fluorocarbon is off the charts. Thank you.

the clear has the least memory, im sure it will serve you well!

This is an interesting thread at a time when I am absolutely sick of the P-Line Flouroclear that I have been using
My favorite line of all time is the old Silver Thread co-polymer line that you can't get anymore
The P-Line works okay with my casting reels but my spinning reels and the the twist is driving me nuts
I switched all of my spinning reels over to Yo-Zuri Hybrid yesterday but havent had a chance to use them yet
On spooling them the Yo-Zuri does seem better

Does anyone that used the old Silver Thread know of a modern replacement?