Boat trailer and truck stolen at wolftever

Mudman

My friends white 98 Chevy square body and red stratos trailer was stolen today (6-12-20) at wolftever boat ramp. He ( 80 yr old) and his son went out this morning till about noon and returned to find he was stranded on the water. Shout out to Island cove for giving him a slip so he at least has his boat. If anyone spots it please give me a shout. seven0two 0oneninesix. Thanks

Gator

That is a crying shame! I hope somebody saw what happened and he gets it back.

silvertalon

Sucks for sure! Maybe insurance will pay for a temp trailer for you. Either way, I have a runabout trailer that had an 18' 6" V hull on it once. You're welcome to borrow it. It has some stuff stored on it and needs to be cleaned off . Let me know.

Dropshot

Staff member
Someone needs to be mount a hunting camera over there and catch the thieves and vandals.

Mudman

Well..... the trailer I thought i found won’t fit. So if anyone has a 18 foot trailer that a 286 stratus would fit let me know please

Gator

I’ve been told that trail cameras once were in the trees at WT but somebody stole them too.

Gator

I found a guy on FB that has a red stratos trailer Like you need for $1000. I can try and get his contact info if you want it. He is in Knoxville.

muskyman

I know there is no way the state can afford camera's and monitoring. But what about a go fund me account set up so we can have cameras installed and anyone can monitor them at any time ? Would be cool and a deterrent as well maybe. Imagine if the would be thief could see the camera's and a sign showing the log in for anyone to see at anytime. I like the deer stand idea too. We should have a season for thief's. Set up bait, sit and wait and remove filth from society.

Sounds like a fisherman stake out and try to catch some of these thieves red handed. That would be awesome just all come out of the woods and detain them for the police

Do you know if he was parked in the upper or lower parking lot? I always think more shady stuff happens in that upper lot but not really sure.

jcodylew

I think it happened in the lower lot... I was there yesterday and there was glass all over the place! It makes me sick to see my home town going down the tubes!!!

Spinnerbait165

muskyman - 6/16/2020 7:26 PM

I like the deer stand idea too. We should have a season for thief's. Set up bait, sit and wait and remove filth from society.

That was tried at Watts Bar for several weekends several years ago. Nothing happened and nobody was caught. Probably a good thing because the guy in the stand had a rifle and was extremely pissed off.