asking for help on Pickwick vacation trip

danrnsmyth

I don't like to whine, but it has been a crazy year, lost my mom in late February, had to wait several days to bury her due to flooding that covered the road at the old family cemetery, and then came back to work as a financial planner to deal with the chaos and concern of the markets due to this virus outbreak. Had a fishing buddy who works at a hospital catch it, and was touch and go for about three weeks. So I have been invited to go to Pickwick, I am looking forward to a few days of down time. I have the old 391 ranger I have restored and want to break it in (put a new 175 Yamaha SHO on it) and have a garmin 93UHD up front and a Humminbird mega 10 on the console. I have never been on the lake and wondered it someone had any information they could share. I don't fish tournaments and it is a long drive so I would sincerely appreciate any help and private emails are fine on this subject of course , lol..thanks Danny

digitalcb

I suggest a lot of googling. A lot of the results are a few years old but still relevant.

FishingwithRusty

if you want to ledge fish, start below the trace bridge and start looking(18-22'). if you want to fish shallow go to coffeee slough or the back of bear creek. its a LONG run from mc farland i would drive to a ramp further down the lake if youre gonna fish down there(truck is more efficient than boat)

danrnsmyth

Thanks guys, we are staying in the area next to bear creek, kinda inside that pennisula between bear creek and the natchez trace bridge, I am not great with my electronics , but I think they are capable if I can learn to use them better. I am thinking I will fish a swim bait, crank bait and and a jig or shakey head. looks like we will be dodging thunder storms, does the lake have enough grass to fish if I cannot locate anything on the ledges?

FishingwithRusty

there is grass above the trace bridge, theres a bunch of shoreline grass in the back of bear. there are several ledges and humps in bear that had fish when we were there for the toyota series tournament