Structure scan

fischnrod

Never owned structure scan so, does the transducer plug into the structure scan box or what ? somebody explain it to me. It's an LSS1 box and I'm to old, disabled, and out of shape to trace it down

sdfd29

It depends on which Lowrance head unit you have. The newer units don't need the LSS unit, my HDS Gen 3 don't require it but my HDS Gen 1 did. So the answer depends upon which head units you have and which transducer you are using. Also, you can use the LSS-1 and LSS-2 with the Gen 3 units. So, it may or may not be connected to a structure scan unit.....

sdfd29

It depends on which Lowrance head unit you have. The newer units don't need the LSS unit, my HDS Gen 3 don't require it but my HDS Gen 1 did. So the answer depends upon which head units you have and which transducer you are using. Also, you can use the LSS-1 and LSS-2 with the Gen 3 units. So, it may or may not be connected to a structure scan unit.....

fischnrod

Thanks, Do you know which transducer is the best for that unit/structure scan or is there only one that will work

Oldman

hurry up and get that boat done. I am ready for some more practice.lol

Oldman

it dont catch fish.cant figure out why i dont have enough water pressure.

fischnrod

Oldman - 7/27/2020 3:59 PM

it dont catch fish.cant figure out why i dont have enough water pressure.

If you have already done everything you can do and that didn't fix it then I guess you need a new lower unit

Oldman

got some mercury scoops coming if that dont help, then i may see a 4 stroke in my future.

stratos21xl

Looks like a Gen 1 HDS-7 so my guess would be the structure scan module would be a LSS-1 as well as the transducer type for the Structure Scan. Even if it’s a gen 2 and LSS-2, the Structure Scan transducer will go directly to the structure scan module/black box then the HDS unit will connect to the Structure Scan module with an ethernet cable. Only Gen 2 touch and newer has the ability to do Structure Scan without the SS module/black box.