Bluegill spot?

cutthroat

Taking my son and wife fishing today off the bank with crickets. Was wondering where would be a good spot? I will post a fishing report after the trip.

I can launch a kayak at the old ramp on the north shore of Parksville, or at Kings Slough. How deep would the bluegill be at this time of year, and what general area ?.

Spinnerbait165

Anywhere there is cover like a blowdown or other brush. We have caught them on topwater baits while bass fishing on numerous occasions. They're usually VERY aggressive and cooperative. Lake is full of them.

Kings Slough has had a couple of vandalism events recently. Might want to avoid there for a while.

OK...Appreciate the head's up re: Kings Slough. The problem might be about leaving a vehicle in there at night. That is probably a bad idea at any ramp.

With recent rains, and more to come, the tailwaters of mainstream dams become productive with easy access for bank fishing. It is slow but will get better as the fall progresses. Some decent shellcracker, bluegill and yellow bass were biting around nightfall below Watts Bar and Chickamauga recently.
The more water flowing through the dams, the better.