Boyz, we have a problem!!!!

Jmax

For some reason this year we are getting more then our share around here of bear issues. I feel somewhat uneasy even going bow hunting right now with all the bear sightings. For me, we have not had an issue with our stands or feeders...until now. emoBang Thought I would share this picture, it is one of my buddies feeders about to be destroyed by a big black bear that decided it wanted to pig out on the corn that was in it. :( Need I say it did and the feeder was toast. Here in AR you are allowed to use feeders. It appears the bears have realized they are easy meals. emoBooHoo Jmax

Attachments

• Picture1007201030_1 (Copy).jpg
    Picture1007201030_1 (Copy).jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 297

Aries 181

Are you not allowed to have a hand cannon with you for protection Jim? Harry will dispatch any critter that decided I was to be his lunch when I'm in the woods.

Bill

Attachments

• IMG_1033.JPG
    IMG_1033.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 276

Tsuga

This is a rather low mast year for both soft and hard mast. Deer and bears will probably be roaming wider than normal looking for food.

Jmax

I am not sure about a handgun. I need to find that out. Would make me feel better going to the stand. emoScratch Jmax

I just called the ARGFC and asked them that. emoAngel The answer is "YES!!!", I can carry an open hand gun for protection while bow hunting in this state. She said it could be for the boogie man or a bear. The key words she said was, "For personal protection". Thanks for bringing that up, I believe I am going to start carrying one of my pistols while bow hunting. Chances of ever needing it are slim to none but it will give me a little peace of mind. emoThumbsup Jmax

churly

Are bears legal to hunt in your area? My buddy in VA deals with them and there is no such thing as fool proof feeder or tail camera.

Jmax

I have never hunted them here but I think there is a draw to hunt them. Not sure on that but some talk about it. In our area I have not heard of anyone hunting them. emoScratch Jmax