Cranking Battery issues

KYRick

I have a 2019 Ranger RT198P. I have had it since Feb, no issues. Today I take it off the charger and head to the lake. I am fogged in when I get there so I fish around for about 3 hours waiting for the fog to lift. Running 2 graphs while waiting to head out. I make 4 or 5 runs after the fog lifts, using both graphs in between. I get ready to leave my last spot and cranking battery is dead.
Question is what caused the dead battery? Could it simply be I need a 31 group or should my 6 month old battery had handled both graphs for that amount of time.
Or do I possibly have a charging issue?

Thanks

jbh3

You don't say what group size battery or what engine you're running, but.....Most any of the modern V6's or V8's will require the the additional CCA's and Reserve Capacity of the the big group 31 AGM's once you start adding the big electronics, etc. The X2 from Batteries +PLUS is a good one.

FishingwithRusty

i would bet that youve just got a bad battery despite it only being 6mos old, take it back to the dealer and have them replace it

jg1456

I HAD THE SAME ISSUE WITH A NEW INTERSTATE BATTERY A FEW MONTHS AGO. I BELIEVE THEY HAVE A BAD BATCH OF THEM OUT THERE.
DEALER REPLACED MINE FREE OF CHARGE.

Rob Lee

jbh3 - 10/8/2020 8:02 AM

You don't say what group size battery or what engine you're running, but.....Most any of the modern V6's or V8's will require the the additional CCA's and Reserve Capacity of the the big group 31 AGM's once you start adding the big electronics, etc. The X2 from Batteries +PLUS is a good one.

Those will be the next ones I buy. Pricey, yes... no worries.

KYRick

Thanks for the suggestions, replies and thoughts. It was a bad battery. I upgraded to a 31 AGM since I had to have a new battery anyway. I paid the difference to upgrade.
I really appreciate a place like this to get suggestions, ideas and input.