Trailer Tampered With - Sale Creek

JohnnyG

We put in at Sale Creek about 715am this Saturday. We put in along with a small tournament group and got out of their way as soon as we could. We fished until about 6pm and came back in and loaded up to head back to the cabin. As we were driving (tandem trailer) and almost to the cabin, a guy flicked his lights at us from behind. We pulled over and found the back drivers side wheel had come off. No damage to anything, just the wheel came off. I know the lugs had to be loosened or removed because we check all of that before and after long trips (and at stops in between) and when we arrived here everything was tight and right. We’ve lost an axle before so we’re very cautious. And the studs were not stripped. If anyone hears about someone doing this please contact me by PM on here. I would love for them to meet the law. Personally I’d like to handle it another way, but we can’t go there. We, or someone else, could have been seriously injured or killed. We’ve been coming here twice a year for five years and never had any issues until we put in there for the first time. We’ve found the people around here to be kind and generous. Hate to end a trip this way.

Spinnerbait165

Hate that happened to you. I had an attempted vehicle theft at Watts Bar years ago. Kinda takes all of the fun out of it.

It's a shame that people can't enjoy themselves without someone trying to ruin their day.