Rocker Switch Panels

WaterChap

I’m am getting close to installing new switches, gauges and permanent wiring to my console. I’ve been planning on using a marine rocker panel off of Amazon, something with a volt meter, cig lighter and USB plugs along with four or six rocker switches. But when I started to read the reviews it seems like the legit reviews are very negative. I’m wondering if it is going to do well at all in direct exposure to the elements (fishing in the rain, etc). Several people talked about the panels melting from wiring problems. This seems to span across different brands. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

camaro88z

Idk how long they will last but I have 2 on my boat. My boat does stay in a garage. So that might help life span. But I will say when mine came in and I hooked them up I was expecting the light at the top of switch to be off until I turned switch on. But that is not the case. Lights all came on as soon I as I applied power. I ended up having to rewire the switches to make them work as I had planned. But it was just simply switching wires around. Everything that was there worked. The wiring on the switches was all 16ga wire. All switches feel good. But I can't swear how long they will last because I haven't had them to long.

Dgreen

You might want to look at New Wire Marine. I bought new switches from them and they are very good quality. I have not bought panels but saw them on the site. It says they will make custom panels. Hope this helps.