Trophy Plus 25P on my XR6?

Aries 181

Will it hurt my motor if I run this big 4 blade on my 18' murder craft?

Bill

camaro88z

That all depends on if your motor can turn it close to max rpm. What prop do you currently have? What rpm is it able to turn the prop that is currently on it? I see it says it is a xr6 what year and size?

silvertalon

Whenever ya go to a 4 blade, you drop down 1" in pitch. For example if you are turning a 23" 3 blade you'd go to a 22" 4 blade. You would gain- a better hole shot, better acceleration, much better steering (with conventional cables set-up), and will drop about 1 mph at full speed. So, if you are turning a 23, going up to a 25 4 blade would be like a 26" 3 blade. Way too much prop IMO.

Aries 181

silvertalon - 12/27/2020 12:12 PM

Whenever ya go to a 4 blade, you drop down 1" in pitch. For example if you are turning a 23" 3 blade you'd go to a 22" 4 blade. You would gain- a better hole shot, better acceleration, much better steering (with conventional cables set-up), and will drop about 1 mph at full speed. So, if you are turning a 23, going up to a 25 4 blade would be like a 26" 3 blade. Way too much prop IMO.

Thanks Glenn. I just wanted to test it to see what it ran like. I guess I'll just flip it.

Bill