Finally, Repairs Coming to Chester Frost Ramp

That’s good news. So, if power loading is the big contributor to the issue, is anything going to be done to minimize or eliminate it? I understand this is problematic, but if nothing changes won’t we be right back in this situation a couple of years from now?

Spinnerbait165

"Power loading" can and does contribute to ramp problems in certain places and under certain conditions. But if the ramps are of adequate length in the first place it isn't an issue.

And loading with a bit of power doesn't cause a problem if the boat is within a couple of inches of the bow roller and the engine is trimmed up a bit. Those that cause issues are the ones who never got the trailer in deep enough in the first place.

FishingwithRusty

power loading isnt a problem if the ramps are built correctly. i wont hold my breathe on things getting done but glad to see some traction. THANKS to the gentlemen who spearheaded this deal with the video!

silvertalon

According to the article there is a promise to at least do something temporary to ease the problem. I am optimistic that TWRA will step in to help with funding/project to get it fixed. Hats off to Mr Frazier for the exposure and the making of the video.

FishingwithRusty

pop22 - 1/14/2021 2:04 PM

The work will start in March so the ramp will be closed all summer.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!sounds about right

Beach Ramp.

At least that pesky dock won’t be in the way there! It’s still sitting over in the grass by the parking lot since last spring.

ChooChooSnakeMan

That is good news that the ramp will be improved. What is important is the fact that some boat brands / models are designed that power loading is required. For example, my Skeeter FX21 and trailer is such that you can't get the hull far enough up on the trailer bunks manually and be able to winch it up to the bow trailer roller. My Lowe 17' tin boat is easy to load without using the outboard. I can just line up to the trailer and coast up far enough that winching the last few inches is easy. Not so with the Skeeter design. I hope the ramp repairs include extending the ramp enough so that our outboards don't cause erosion to the lake bottom. Another concern is if the main ramp is going to be closed all summer and with the news that I read that says permits will be needed for tournaments and that parking will be limited I think Chester Frost this summer will be very crowded when you add in all the recreational boats and non tournament fishing. This will cause other ramps such as Harrison Bay to be even more busy!

Oldman

i believe the patch will be done but the real fix??????????????

pop22

When the repair is completed it would be nice if a marker was placed at the end of ramp on both sides so we wouldn't need to guess

Spinnerbait165

pop22 - 1/16/2021 12:46 PM

When the repair is completed it would be nice if a marker was placed at the end of ramp on both sides so we wouldn't need to guess

I have asked that question before and was told that it can create a "navigation hazard". emoScratch

Don't shoot the messenger ........ emoLaugh

finbully

Spinnerbait165 - 1/16/2021 2:44 PM

I have asked that question before and was told that it can create a "navigation hazard". emoScratch

What a BS answer you got!!!

Spinnerbait165

finbully - 1/17/2021 10:39 AM

Spinnerbait165 - 1/16/2021 2:44 PM

What a BS answer you got!!!

Ya Think? emoLaugh. I thought the officer was kidding until I realized he was serious.