kayak fishing can be frustrated?

Grayson Everett

I've been planning to get a real fishing kayak for a while now but I just took my standard kayak (no rod holders, very unstable, gets blown around a lot, etc.) out fishing the other day to get a feel for what it was like and it was just impossible to fish out of. I had to grab my paddle to get the kayak back into place every five seconds, I couldn't cast out of it, my back hurt from the seat, and every other thing like that you can imagine. Is fishing out of a real fishing kayak like this at all or does the stability, seat comfort, weight of the kayak eliminate all those things? I just like for everything to be simple. (I carry only one rod when I go bank fishing)

A 'yak set up for fishing is a very different experience. For one, you won't be doing any rowing. Your legs will doing that for you (paddles). Maneuverability is superb, the platforms are stable (so long as rec boats don't buzz you), and ~all are configured for electronix (incl battery storage). REC taking a look at one (several) up close. Think you'll be amazed at the differences.