Humminbird Helix 12 dimensions

mrwilson121

Does anyone have a Helix 12 they could measure a dimension off of? I'm looking for the inside width of the mounting bracket. Between the two stepped discs. The space between my windshield and steering wheel is tight so I'm trying to find out how much wider the 12 bracket is compared to the 10 that's there now. It's right at 8" and more than an inch bigger and I won't be able to squeeze it in.
Thanks

FishingwithRusty

i'll try to remember to get the measurement tonight. i think its around an inch or so

jcodylew

@mrwilson121 if your boat has the blinker trim switched it should fit. if not, BBT sells a spacer kit to move your steering wheel out further to allow space to dashmount your graphs. That's what my buddy had to do for his Vexus. Hope this helps

mrwilson121

It’s an older boat so I have to mount it on top of the dash. The space between the curve of the windshield, edge of the dash, and steering wheel is pretty limiting. The bracket width will tell me if I can upgrade to a 12. Thanks for the steering wheel beta though. That will be good if I upgrade and the unit is too close.