Hello we both love to fish

Hi, I’m Patrick. My fiancé’s name is Lila. I don’t typically frequent forums but the fact this was local and the desire to chip in on what we know, look at the fishing reports, etc. made me pull the switch.

I had never given much thought to fishing till my girlfriend brought it up and since May 1st 2020 when we caught our first fish we’ve caught close to 2,000 of a combination of bream, micro, bass, catfish, non-game fish, you name it. We’re not pro fishermen of course, we mostly just fish because we love it and admittedly a bit of the scientific aspect in it, I love it when we catch a new species and always research its range. Mostly catch and release. We take a picture of each fish we catch and have even thought of setting up a YT page together when we have better equipment. (Creek fishing adventures, among others, were our protégés).

Lately we’ve also gotten into river fishing, discovering hidden gems (we live going to seldom fished areas) such as spots on the Tennessee or Elk. Lake fishing, even in summer, generally doesn’t seem to produce as well. We fish from shore mostly. We live on the Cumberland Plateau so mostly we fish in about a 50 square mile radius around us, mostly fishing areas to the east of Fayetteville, south of McMinnville, north of Stevenson, west of Chattanooga. But we do occasionally like to roam further for the occasional Coosa Bass, Rainbow Trout, or Spotted Sunfish.

Well I guess that’s enough for now; we’ll jump in when we see or have an interesting tidbit.

smithy

Hi, I’m Patrick. My fiancé’s name is Lila. I don’t typically frequent forums but the fact this was local and the desire to chip in on what we know, look at the fishing reports, etc. made me pull the switch.

I had never given much thought to fishing till my girlfriend brought it up and since May 1st 2020 when we caught our first fish we’ve caught close to 2,000 of a combination of bream, micro, bass, catfish, non-game fish, you name it. We’re not pro fishermen of course, we mostly just fish because we love it and admittedly a bit of the scientific aspect in it, I love it when we catch a new species and always research its range. Mostly catch and release. We take a picture of each fish we catch and have even thought of setting up a YT page together when we have better equipment. (Creek fishing adventures, among others, were our protégés).

Lately we’ve also gotten into river fishing, discovering hidden gems (we live going to seldom fished areas) such as spots on the Tennessee or Elk. Lake fishing, even in summer, generally doesn’t seem to produce as well. We fish from shore mostly. We live on the Cumberland Plateau so mostly we fish in about a 50 square mile radius around us, mostly fishing areas to the east of Fayetteville, south of McMinnville, north of Stevenson, west of Chattanooga. But we do occasionally like to roam further for the occasional Coosa Bass, Rainbow Trout, or Spotted Sunfish.

Well I guess that’s enough for now; we’ll jump in when we see or have an interesting tidbit.
Im certainly no expert but spent most of my life fishing for something or other, later years it has been trout. Here in Australia, traveling to the lakes and rivers can take hours.If im going to travel for any length of time, make it worth while. I have previously fished in New Zealand and in a few weeks time ill go there again to Queenstown . I hope to visit Chattanooga later in the year, fishing ,eating and probably a drink or two. The american fishing trip is purely experience for me, nothing unique, just dropping a line, thats it. There are other things to do in Chattanooga but i have to get this New Zealand trip out of the way, any help/advice is welcome.cheers