Chester Frost Boat Ramp

drdetroit

I heard rumors today the ramp area will not be repaired until 2023!!!</p>

Dr Detroit</p>

dd22fish

I PUT IN THURSDAY WITH NO PROBLEM BUT I USED THE SIDE BY THE COKE MACHINE AND THE WATER WAS LOW. DD22FISH

Not to revisit an old thread, however, I thought everyone should know there seems to be some new issues with the ramp. Use caution when loading and unloading!

I launched from here today and yesterday. Both days saw countless issues with people’s skegs hitting rocks while trailering/untrailering. I also noticed when backing in my trailer, I ran over what I assumed to be a large rock/rock pile on the right edge (if looking down the ramp from the parking lot). Didn’t cause any damage but my port side trailer and boat were obviously higher than starboard. I also watched a guy loading an inboard get stuck while trying to trailer about mid ramp.

From what I could tell, there is a new/worse prop wash rock pile closer to the ramp than the old one.

flyman

It’s about normal for this time of year, right before the spring rains, it will start coming up in a few weeks. The problem is not the water level the problem is the condition of the ramp. Which is only evident when the water is down, at full pool it’s one of the best ramps in town.. the only long term solution would be to extend the ramp by another 10ft this would prevent the gravel from building up from prop wash. ... just my opinions ..

fischnrod

It's not normal for the water level to be below 676.5 that's what winter level has been ever since I can remember and I grew up right on the lake 60 years and counting.. I totally agree the ramp needs repair especially if TVA is going to take it down as far every year now...

silvertalon

Besides the ramp in low water, the asphalt is real bad now in that south side lane. It won't handle the summer traffic. This issue extends up off the ramp about 20 yds. On a good note, saw them installing the dock at the Jet Ski ramp yesterday the 15th. Back to the main launch- About a month ago there was an excavator parked there. I did find out they tried to repair the drop off/washout. I was told they actually made it worse. I have been launching/ loading ok recently (675.5- 676.5), without any issues. However, I do see most guys still power loading and blowing out the repair work again. I power off from low idle as soon as the boat hits the trailer and then stand in the water to winch it up. Just can't afford to ding up or waste my last good prop. Wet shoes are way more affordable.

finbully

The ramp is one thing. The dock particullarly the dock on the right as you face the water from the top of the ramp is in piss poor shape! I guess we don't have poliitcians who boat around here or it would be in better shape.

drdetroit

The ramp needs major repairs including the docks. Occasional regrading is not the answer the concrete needs to be extended. I would like to see a wider ramp with lines to help those stay in their lane!

churly

Your county commissioner only cares about the camping area, which has had updated their campsites and installed a new WiFi system that can be accessed through out the camp ground. Zero has been done to the ramp or parking facilities

finbully

churly - 3/17/2021 8:31 AM

Your county commissioner only cares about the camping area, which has had updated their campsites and installed a new WiFi system that can be accessed through out the camp ground. Zero has been done to the ramp or parking facilities

Our County Mayor is pitiful too!!!