New to Forum and Lake Chicamauga

Hi everyone one. I was just told about this forum and I'm really glad I was told about it. I recently moved from S. FL to Lake Chicamauga my wife Jessica and I bought a floating home or flome as i like to call it in Pine Harbour Marina just off of 319. I'm sure most locals and maybe some not so locals call it Steve's Landing. LOL well let's just say I eat at home. :). Any way gonna be warming up soon and I'm ready to learn to fish on the lake. We cheated in FL just threw big wild shiners in the water sat back and drank beer and well you know BIG BASS can't resist a wild shiner. Anyway I have a 25 foot pontoon boat with a Garmin Echomap 94SV, haven't masterd it yet so if there's anyone out ther that would like to go fishing and teach me I'm always interested in learning, my gas, my boat, my beer, can't offer much more than that.

Been studying a new technique, well at least new for me, by Buck Perry and Don Dickson on youtube and also from Buck's books called spoonplugging for those who don;t know it teaches fishing different types of structure on all types of lakes and combines both trolling and casting, but much different than just bank pounding. I'm very interested in learning their structure fishing techniques and trolling. I would really like to find a good 14-16' V-hull or semi-V hull boat with a tiller motor priced right so I can convince my wife I should be allowed to spend a few $. Well she's not that bad really, LOL.

Anyway if anyone has a boat like that for sale and if it were set up fo spoonplugging I'd be all over it.

Great to be here and apart of the forum. Feel free to hit me back with any info. worth sharing.

Bobby Mills- Lake Chic.

Gator

Welcome!!
You might want to pm Tarheel on the CFF. Some few years ago he was deep into Spoonpluging and I’m sure he’d be glad to steer you toward folks into that.

rsimms

emoWelcome Decades ago spoonplugging was huge. But virtually no one does it anymore. I am sure it would be an excellent technique, especially summertime when bass gang up on ledges. I do know folks who routinely troll for smallmouth downstream from Watts Bar Dam with great results. Not really "spoonplugging," but similar with crankbaits.

Good luck in your endeavors. I'll look forward to reports.

Nauticman

I’d get at least a 16 footer for Chickamauga Lake.

REDACTED

Nauticman - 3/6/2021 11:23 AM

I’d get at least a 16 footer for Chickamauga Lake.

^^^ this.... Chick is a big enough lake that it gets quite rough sometimes. Even in a 19 foot bass boat it can beat you to death sometimes.