Does livescope work in current?

Whjw

Ok I am trying to decide whether to purchase a livescope or a spot lock trolling motor. I fish mostly below chick dam and downtown for smallmouth where the current rips hard. The live imaging technology looks incredible and I’m curious if anyone knows if it’s beneficial in turbulent water like below the dam? My current set up is a 16 ft aluminum v Hull tiller boat that I use for duck hunting and convert to fishing rig. I have a 12 v 55 lb powerdrive that cant make up up river in the current to pull snags etc. I also have one garmin unit with the transducer on the transom. I have two ram mounts (one at tiller in the back where I graph while driving around) and one up front that I then unplug my one unit and move it upfront. I float downriver with nose pointing up river so the transducer on the back is actually more beneficial IMO. I’m leaning towards a spot lock trolling motor but since I already have a garmin unit that’s compatible with livescope I’m thinking it may be worth getting live scope and saving 1,000 bucks if it works. (Livescope $1400ish , trolling motor $2300ish). Everyone on here has already been a huge help for me and I’m great full for any opinions.

Thanks

Whjw

I’ve seen some incredible videos of guys running livescope while trolling for stripers going 3-4mph and it looked clear as day but didn’t know if anyone has tried it in current.

Driller920

I’ve saw some guys using live scope in fast moving water in the northwest fishing for trout and sturgeon. So i would assume it would work here for bass. Can’t remember the name on YouTube but that’s where i was watching at. Only problem was trash or grass getting stuck on shaft and blocking the sonar

silvertalon

I'd guess that turbulent water full of air bubbles etc would be a problem. I'd call Garmin tech on that one to be sure.