Gas tank vent

Ok so I am pretty sure my gas tank vent line is somewhat blocked. When I pump gas I have to go very slowly no matter what angle I hold the pump handle at. Also if I run between 1500-2500 rmps for to long the engine shuts down and the primer bulb is empty. I have a single 47 gallon tank with a perko plastic filler. I am pretty sure the vent is built in but am not able to see where it exits the filler assembly. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

fischnrod

I hate that issue on a boat, the vent exit on a boat my friend has is right at the filler where the gas nozzle goes.

Well after checking a few thing I found the vent is fine and not blocked. I think I might be screwing the gas cap on to tight so I will check it like that also the primer bulb was 4 years old so I went ahead and replaced it. I figure that was a good call since it had an oily gas residue under it.. Time will tell

digitalcb

I would drill a 3/16 inch hole somewhere water won't reach it.

jbh3

Would also respectfully submit that it may be a good time to change the fuel line between the bulb and the engine. Best practice would be procure both the bulb and fuel line at a marine shop.